DRE offers new and professionally refurbished Capnography Monitors with EtCO2 ( End Tidal CO2 ) monitoring capabilities.
These monitors are often used in a number of different treatment scenerios:
- Conscious sedation for dental and minor surgery procedures.
- Various levels of anesthesia based surgery.
- Cardiac arrest and EMS field work.
- Non-intubated acutely ill patients.
- Treatment of Asthma or COPD.
- Sedation for pain control and pain managment.
- Patients who are hyperventilating and showing signs of anxiety.
- Biofeedback when coaching anxious patients to manage their respiratory rate.
- Patients with diabetes mellitus, in order to evaluate diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Determining treatment for sympathomimetic overdoses.
- Measuring the severity of hyperthermia and hypothermia.
- Patients with acute myocardial infarction.
- In patients with congestive heart failure capnography can prevent the unnecessary use of bronchodilators that may increase heart rate and blood pressure.
Capnographs offer a more accurate method of measuring light to moderate sedation levels and are now recommended in the guidelines of many medical organizations and governing bodies. Click to see the dramatic difference between CO2 and SPO2.
Have a question? Our friendly staff can help you figure out which capnography monitor is right for your facility. Call (800) 462-8195 to speak with a DRE representative today.