In 2003, GE Healthcare acquired Instrumentarium's Datex-Ohmeda division which manufactured anesthesia, respiratory, and monitoring equipment. The Datex Ohmeda brand has remained popular in the marketplace and is still branded on select GE equipment. GE has continued to evolve these lines and indications are that GE is reducing the prevalence of the brand in favor of it's own on newer models.
One area GE is certainly keeping the brand prominent is on it's line of Anesthesia Machines. GE's newest Avance and Aisys lines still carry the brand prominently place on the front of the machine.
Some predecessors to the line include:
- GE Carescape advanced patient monitors
- GE Aisys and Avance anesthesia machines.
- GE Engstrom Carestation Ventilators
Types of Datex / Ohmeda Equipment:
The Datex Ohmeda lines have transitioned a number of times and have slowly been retired since 2003. At it's height the Datex Ohmeda brand was associated with many categories of medical devices. Today it is primarily associated with Anesthesia Machines.
- Datex Ohmeda Anesthesia Machines
- Datex Anesthesia Vaporizers
- Ohmeda Patient Monitors
- Pulse Oximetry
- NMT Sensors
- Gas Sampling Lines
- D-Fend Water Traps
- Airway Adapters
- Patient Spirometry Accessories
- EEG Accessories
- NIBP Cuffs
- Multiparameter Cables
- ECG Cables
- Temperature Probes
- Entropy Accessories
- Tonometrics Catheters and Other Tonometry Accessories
- Airway Management Supplies & Accessories
- Patient Circuits
- Bacterial and Viral Filters
- Heat and Moisture Exchangers (HME)
- Combined HME and Filter (HMEF)
- Face Masks
- Manual Resuscitators
- Medisorb CO2 absorbent