Philips M3/M4 Portable Monitor
Patient demographics, measurement data and trends, acquired and stored in the MMS, can be transferred to the M-Series (M3/M4)3 and Philips IntelliVue (MP60/MP70/MP90) patient monitors.
EASI™-derived 12-lead ECG4 using a 5-electrode cable set.
Up to 3 channels of ECG with basic Arrhythmia and ST Analysis capability.
FAST-SpO2 measurement, using Fourier Artifact Suppression Technology, for accurate performance even with low perfusion.
Respiration, Non-invasive and Invasive Blood Pressure, and Temperature measurements.
Mainstream or Sidestream CO2, a second Invasive Blood Pressure and Temperature measurements, and enhanced Arrhythmia capability, available optionally.
The M3/M4 Compact Portable Patient Monitor (M3046A) is a small, light patient monitor offering a flexible monitoring solution to suit a broad spectrum of monitoring needs. The monitor works together with the M3001A Multi-Measurement Server (MMS) and the M3012A/M3015A/M3016A Measurement Server Extensions to give you standard-of-care measurements.
- Choice of serial interface for a dedicated external strip chart recorder (as default), or IrDA interface for connecting to a local printer.
- 3-wave or 4-wave displays are available.
- Trend data, with manual and automatic event storage, together with a range of report styles help you track and document your patient’s progress.
- Color display with a wide viewing angle.
- Optional battery informs you of remaining capacity, and allows longer transport times. It can be easily exchanged during transport with no loss of settings.
- TouchBar human interface — quick to learn and easy to use.
- Rubber bezel protector, available in four colors, gives additional protection in transport scenarios.
Patient Transfers Patient demographics, measurement data and trends (for up to the last eight hours at one minute resolution for all numerics), are stored in the MMS, and can be uploaded to other Philips patient monitors - up to the last four hours to the M-Series (M3/M4)5, and the full eight hours to the IntelliVue family. Patients can be transferred by disconnecting the MMS from the monitor, and then reconnecting it at a new monitor.
You can connect a dedicated, standalone strip chart recorder (GSI Lumonics XE-50p, order number
M3080A #H20) to your monitor via the optional serial recorder interface (see Ordering Information).
The following recordings are supported:
- Real-time local strips
- Delayed local strips
- Vital signs
- Trends and stored events
The color display has a wide viewing angle, and excellent visibility from a distance, so you can easily recognize and see the data you need for decision making. For applications where a larger display is required, an additional display can be connected to the monitor via the standard VGA output (consult your Philips representative for further information).
In larger installations, several of these monitors can be networked and connected to a Philips
Information Center — with or without wires, for ultimate flexibility. Such a networked system not only allows central monitoring, but also bed-to-bed overview on any connected monitor. A permanent indication at the top of the screen conveniently shows the alarm status for beds assigned to the caregiver’s group at all times.
The M3 and M4 patient monitors are designed for use by clinicians for adult, pediatric and neonatal patients in Critical and Intermediate Care areas, in Operating Rooms and General Wards, and for transport inside and outside the hospital. U.S. Federal Law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
The M3046A monitor together with the M3001A Measurement Server and the M3015A/M3016A
Measurement Server Extensions comply with the Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC (CE0366). In addition, the product complies with:
- IEC 601-1:1988 + A1:1991 + A2:1995 EN60601-1:1990 + A1:1993 + A2:1995
- UL 2601-1
- CAN/CSA C22.2#601.1-M90
- JIS T 1001-1992
Monitor Physical Specifications
- Size (W×D×H) Without Handle: 210mm × 135mm × 210mm (8.27" × 5.31" × 8.27")
- Weight Without battery: Software Revision E only. 3200 g (7.05 lb.)
Monitor Environmental Specifications
Temperature Range (without wireless network interface)
- Operating: 0 to 45°C (32 to 113°F).
- Storage: -20 to 60°C (-4 to 140°F).
- Temperature Range (with wireless network interface)
- Operating: 0 to 35°C (32 to 95°F).
- Storage: -20 to 60°C (-4 to 140°F).
- Operating: 95% RH max. @ 40°C (104°F)
- Storage: 85% RH max. @ 50°C (122°F)
- Operating: -500m to 4,600m (-1,600' to 15,000')
- Storage: -500m to 13,100m (-1,600' to 43,000')
- 100 to 240VAC, 50/60Hz, 0.4 to 0.7A
Power Fail Protection Monitor Performance Specifications
- 6.5" (diagonal) active color LCD (TFT)
- Up to 4 waves (depending on monitor option).
- Alarms Off (red crossed-bell LED).
- Alarms (red/yellow LED, 3 different alarmtones).
- On/Standby (green LED).
- AC Power (green LED).
- Battery Status (green/yellow/red LED).
- QRS tone or tick, or SpO2 modulation tone.
- Server link between monitor and measurement server
- Network (RJ45)
- Infrared Interface to local printer
- Serial Interface to local recorder (supported recorder: GSI Lumonics XE-50p)
- Nurse Call relay (1/8" phone jack, ≤60W, ≤2A, ≤36VDC, ≤25VAC, active=closed)
- ECG Output/Marker Input (1/4" stereo phone jack with tip, ring, sleeve)
- Signal Gain: 320 to 3200 (depending upon ECG display gain)
- Full Scale on Display: 3.2Vpp
- Gain Error: <20%
- Baseline Offset: <150mV
- Noise:<20mVRMS at signal gain 1000
- Bandwidth: 1 to 80Hz in ECG Diagnostic mode
- <2.2KΩ ±20% ECG Output (ring)
- <2.5kΩ ±20% ECG Output/Marker Input (tip)
- Signal delay: <30ms
Marker Input Requirements:
- Signal Type: 0 to -12V, negative edge pulse.
- Pulse Source Impedance: <7kΩ
- Pulse Fall Time: <100μs
- Pulse Duration: >4ms
- Refresh rate: 60 Hz.
- Horizontal frequency: 31.5 kHz
- Resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- Video Signal: 0.7 Vpp @ 75 Ohm
- HSYNC/VSYNC signal type: TTL
- Connector: 15-pin D-SUB