The Universal ECG is one of the smallest, lightest and most accurate PC-based 12 lead ECG on the market. It allows you to perform resting ECG anytime, anywhere with unparalleled ease-of-use.
The Universal ECG includes everything you need to start testing. Simply connect to your favorite PC, laptop or handheld and you are ready to begin. Results are displayed on-screen for quick assessment.
A full set of diagnostic measurements are automatically interpreted by the advanced Louvaine Algorithm. Connect via CF/PC Card Slot, Serial or USB port.
Includes a Free 3-Year Hardware Warranty.
The Universal ECG saves you money and increases your efficiency:
- Save as much as $700/year by printing to your Windows® based printer. Never buy thermal paper again!
- No batteries needed: All power is drawn from the PC, which eliminates unnecessary costs of disposable or rechargeable batteries.
- Reduce storage and courier costs by creating PDFs and JPEGs that you can save on your hard-drive and email instantly.
- Doesn’t require calibration or annual maintenance
- Less expensive than traditional stand-alone EKG machines
About the Accuracy:
The Universal ECG uses the Louvaine analysis program. In 1991, clinical researchers evaluated nine popular ECG algorithms compared to eight cardiologists relative to a standardized database of ECG tracings. The Louvaine algorithm had the best total accuracy of all the algorithms (77.3%) evaluated. It was also the best in correctly diagnosing Myocardial Infarction (82.1%) and the second best in diagnosing Ventricular Hypertrophy, which were both better than the respective combined scores of the eight cardiologists.
- Automatic narrative interpretation and measurement analysis using the advanced Louvaine Algorithm, which has the best total accuracy when compared to leading competitors
- Print clear, full page reports on standard plain paper in portrait, landscape or A4
- Review and zoom into data with electronic calipers, enter comments and modify the interpretation before confirming the results
- Instantly create PDFs or JPEGs of the final report
- Seamlessly integrate ECG data into your EMR via XML, HL7 and other formats
- Available in a six-channel non-interpretive version
The Universal ECG works on Microsoft® Windows® Laptops or Desktops running Windows® 2000 or XP. In addition, the Universal ECG works on Handhelds running Pocket PC 2003 or Mobile 5 with a CF Card slot or Serial port.
- Hub Weight: 280 - 300 grams depending on cable options
- Hub Dimensions: 85 x 91 x 20 mm
- Patient Leads Length: 1 meter
- PC Connection Length: 1-3 meter, DB9 female connector
- Patient Leads: 6 Lead Cable (4 patient leads) 12 Lead Cable (10 patient leads)
- Case Material: ABS plastic
- Electrode Connections: 4 mm banana plug with "tab" or "snap" connectors
- Electrode Labeling: Abbreviations and colors to comply with either IEC or AAMI standards
- Display and Operating Console: Dependent on PC (supplied by user)
- Gain/Sensitivity: 5, 10, 20 mm/mV
- Input Range: ±6mV
- Acquisition Sample Rate: 1000 samples per second (compressed to 500Hz with peak picking and averaging algorithm)
- Frequency Response: 0.05 to 175Hz ±3dB
- Defibrillator Protection: Patient leads are isolated from system and operator, with 4kV protection
- Common Mode Rejection: -60dB (minimum)
- Safety Standards: Complies with AAMI EC11, EN60601-1, EN601-1-2, and EN601-2-25
- Leads Off Indicators: Connection status for each lead is shown on Acquisition screen.
- Power Source: Can be powered by the PC Serial port control lines in most cases, depending on the PC being used. Can draw extra power if necessary from a PS/2 or USB port.
- Supply Voltage: 4 – 16V DC
- Supply Current: <17mA DC
- Permanent Filters:
High Pass: 0.05Hz 1st order
Low Pass: 170Hz 1st order
Baseline Wander: Baseline reset by adaptive zeroing algorithm
- Notch Filter (Mains Noise Rejection):
50Hz 4th order Butterworth
49.1Hz - 50.9Hz
60Hz 4th order Butterworth
59.1Hz - 60.9Hz
Low pass (Muscle Artifact Filter)
35Hz 4th order
- Report Capabilities: User selectable report formats
- Environmental Conditions:
Operating Temperature 0°C - 40°C
Storage Temperature -20°C - 70°C
Humidity 5% - 85% (non-condensing)