It coughs when patients can't
The CoughAssist noninvasively helps patients clear bronchial secretions when they can't cough for themselves - such as neuromuscular diseases or spinal cord injuries. The CoughAssist is a safe and comfortable way to reduce the risk of airway damage and respiratory complications.
The CoughAssist helps patients by enhancing or replacing their natural removal of bronchial secretions with the gradual application of positive pressure to the airway followed by a rapid shift to negative pressure. The slow inhale/rapid exhale airflow simulates the natural coughing process while avoiding the potential problems associated with more invasive procedures.
- Enhances or replaces an ineffective cough
- Helps remove secretions from the lungs
- Reduces the occurrence of respiratory infections
- Safe, noninvasive and comfortable alternative to suctioning
- Easy to operate with fully adjustable inhalation/exhalation times
- Adjustable inhalation flow settings
- Can be used with a face mask, mouthpiece or with an adapter to a patient's endotracheal or tracheostomy tube
- For both adults and pediatrics