The Philips HeartStart biphasic AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) can be used on patients of any age, with the use of pedatric or adult defibrillation pads. The HeartStart has an optional training pad cartridge so staff may practice their AED skills and become familiar with the unit. This Philips AED automatically tests all parts, including disposable pads, daily. The HeartStart weighs 3.3 lbs with battery and pads / 2.4 lbs without.
Product Awards and Recognition
- Lightweight: Fully equipped at just 3.3 pounds.
- Intuitive: Clean design and clear voice instructions instill the confidence that's needed when administering therapy to a person in cardiac arrest.
- Every-Ready: Powered by a long life (4-year) disposable battery. Automated tests help ensure readiness.
- Versatile: Available for use on anyone of any age, including children and infants.
- Effective: Patented SMART Analysis heart rhythm assessment and SMART Biphasic defibrillation therapy, clinically proven in nearly 10 years of use. No other biphasic waveform is as well documented.
Easy to Use
Using the HeartStart OnSite Defibrillator is simple. Pulling the green handle powers-up the defibrillator and activates voice instructions. These instructions are paced to your actions, to help guide you through the entire process, from placing pads on the patient to delivering a defibrillation shock.
HeartStart OnSite determines if a shock is needed, based on its automated assessment of the victim's heart rhythm:
- If a shock is needed, the defibrillator directs you to press the flashing orange "Shock" button. Then, HeartStart OnSite delivers a dose of low-energy biphasic therapy, a highly effective defibrillation waveform that is also gentle to the heart.
- If a shock is not needed, the OnSite Defibrillator instructs you to assess the patient and to perform CPR when necessary. While performing CPR, the defibrillator's voice instructions can be activated to coach you on the frequency and depth of compressions.
HeartStart OnSite also reminds you to call emergency medical services (EMS). And, should EMS need a summary of care, it can be retrieved from the defibrillator's internal memory. An EMS provider simply presses the "i-button" and HeartStart Onsite verbally recounts events from its last clinical use.
Replacable SMART Pads Cartridges
The cartridge contains two adhesive pads that are peeled and placed on the patient's bare skin as indicated by the pictures on the pads. The pads are "smart" because they can sense that they have been removed from the cartridge and applied to the patient.
HeartStart OnSite can be used on patients of any age. Special Infant/Child SMART Pads reduce the defibrillator's shock energy, so that you can treat an infant or child suffering sudden cardiac arrest. The Infant/Child Pads cartridge is marked with an indication of the appropriate weight and with a teddy bear icon for ready identification.
To practice your skills, a special training pads cartridge (adult or infant/child) can be installed in the defibrillator. It suspends the defibrillator's ability to shock, while walking you through patient care scenarios.