In an increasingly integrated healthcare environment, the anesthesia provider has increasing demands. The interaction between the anesthesia workplace and the rest of the hospital is increasingly complex. With a heightened emphasis on cost reduction in healthcare, our solutions help you reduce operating costs and maximize reimbursement.
Ease of Use
The Drager Apollo® plays an important role in optimizing your anesthesia workflow and reducing process costs with features such as the fully automatic self-test. Since no user interaction is required, you are free to get on with other jobs. In addition to providing you with invaluable assistance through best-in-class therapy, Apollo® also offers you an open-platform architecture - enabling it to be easily integrated into your overall workflow.
Apollo® has the ventilation technology to care for patients of any age and acuity. The E-Vent plus servo controlled high-speed piston ventilator works with great precision to supply a maximum peak flow far in excess of any bellows ventilator, resulting in the kind of performance previously only seen in the ICU. Additionally, unlike a bellows ventilator, it requires no drive gas. The very short response time has clear physiological benefits for your patients while the digital precision helps you make the most of the latest ventilation modes.
Drager's Infinity® Omega Solution and Innovian Anesthesia information management system offer advanced monitoring and data management. In addtion Infinity's Pick and Go® transport solution not only offers seamless monitoring during transport, its intelligent docking stations and clean cabling system minimize transition times while helping optimize data continuity and patient care.
Unique Low-flow Wizard
Apollo® is designed to support the user in optimal low and minimal flow settings. The consistent use of low-flow anesthesia techniques can significantly reduce the cost of inhalational anesthetic agent. Reducing the fresh gas flow from 3L/min to 1L/min can result in anesthetic agent savings of up to 50%.
User Friendly Ergonomics
The Drager Apollo® has been designed in response to feedback from anesthesiologists and CRNAs from the United States. Dr¤ger has developed a consistent and accepted user interface between Apollo® and its entire anesthesia delivery platform including the Fabius GS, Fabius GS premium and the Fabius Tiro. Apollo has many practical and ergonomically sound features:
- All functional elements in easy reach of seated or standing user
- Unique breathing bag arm design provides the ultimate in flexibility
- Unique larger swivel writing surface
- Integrated auxiliary O2 and pressure gauge where you need them
- 2 deep drawers for storage (one lockable storage drawer)
- Integrated footrest and centrally operated brake
- Integrated and dimmable task lighting
- Integrated power outlet for desflurane vaporizer
- 2 or 3 vaporizer mount - Autoexclusion interlock system
- Simple, straightforward start-up reduces the burden on the staff and provides complete information on device status
- Enhanced troubleshooting with clear text directions
- Integrated breathing system elimates external hoses and clutter, reducing risk of misconnection and disconnection
- Automatic self test-fully automatic, lasts approximately three minutes, reflects the results to the user and the results are available to the user at any time.
Piston vs Bellows
The anesthesia ventilator has traditionally been based upon a bellows design. After many years of producing bellows type anesthesia ventilators, Dr¤ger adopted the piston design as the platform for the future. The following summary highlights the key features of the piston design and the rationale for adopting this technology.