Excelle is a fast-acting antiseptic skin cleanser with antimicrobial action against a broad spectrum of pathogens including Pseudomonas aeruginosa and staphylococcus aureus.
- Excelle contains mild non-alkaline cleansers and the adjusted pH is compatible with skin chemistry.
- 4% chlorhexidene gluconate is fast acting and long lasting. The residual antimicrobial action persists for 6 hours and reduces risk of cross-contamination.
- Excelle maintains antimicrobial action in the presence of blood and other soils.
- The foamer dispensing bottle meets CDC requirements for soap bottles that are easily washed out prior to refill.
- Excelle is the ideal product for hand hygiene at the beginning and end of the work day and especially if hands are visibly soiled.
- The same hand wash product may be used for routine hand wash and for surgical hand scrub.
- Provides antimicrobial protection if a glove failure exposes clinician to blood or other body fluids.
- Excelle is recommended in facilities at risk of Norovirus or Clostridium difficile outbreaks. The CDC does NOT recommend alcohol hand rubs in this situation.
- The foamer bottle dispenses Excelle in a light foam that makes thorough hand washing quick and easy.
Chlorhexidine gluconate may react with chlorine containing laundry products producing a permanent brown stain on linens and lab jackets. Pre-rinse laundry thoroughly with water before using detergents.