End Tidal CO2 Monitoring & O2 Delivery Cannula
Capnography and CO2 Monitoring
Monitoring patients breathing in emergency situations is of paramount importance. Delivering oxygen ensures the level of oxygen
saturation in the blood is maintained and this sometimes is monitored and measured by a pulse oximeter.
However, the pulse oximeter does not provide breath by breath patient ventilator status. Capnography is the vital sign of ventilation.
By tracking the patients expired CO2, clinicians can evaluate the ventilation condition of the patient during critical emergency
situations and make the judgment to assess and treat the patient.
The Dual nasal cannula is designed to provide oxygen to both nostrils and also sample CO2 at the same time. The CO2 sampling is taken from both nostrils and there is no risk of mixing with fresh oxygen as the patients expiratory flow will divert fresh gas away from the sampling prongs.
CO2 is sampled from both nostrils for side
stream CO2 monitoring through the left
- Excellent sampling accuracy as there are two end tidal CO2 sampling ports
- Superior waveforms as Dual has two end tidal C02 sampling ports
- Reliable sampling under the following conditions:
- Clogged Sinus in one nostril
- Deviated septum
- Oxygen delivered in both nostrils at lower rate, thus minimizing mucosal
- Secure luer lock connection for both Male & Female connections
- Soft tip cannula provides superior patient comfort and nare positioning
- Non-kinking tube ensures consistent and accurate delivery
- Universal Oxygen connector is standard on all items