The LigaSure™ vessel sealing system gives you something no other electrosurgical tool can - permanent vessel occlusion. The LigaSure™ system's revolutionary technology replaces almost all other hemostatic tools because it doesn't just ligate vessels, it actually fuses vessel walls to create a permanent seal.
Physical Weight & Dimensions
- Width: 38.6 cm (15.2 in)
- Depth: 40.6 cm (16.0 in)
- Height: 12.7 cm (5.0 in) not including feet
- Weight: 5.9 Kg (13 lbs) typical
- Output configuration: Isolated output
- Cooling: Natural convection
- Display: Two (2) digital seven-segment displays: 1.9 cm (0.75 in) each
- Mounting: A Valleylab car or stable flat surface
- Ambient temperature range: 10° to 40° C (50° to 104° F)
- Relative humidity: 15% to 90%, noncondensing
- Atmospheric pressure: 700 to 1060 millibars
- Warm-up time: If transported or stored at temperatures outside the operating temperature range, allow one hour for the generator to reach room temperature before using.
The stated audio level is for the activation tone and alarm tone at a distance of one meter. Alarm tones meet the requirements of IEC 60601-2-2
- Volume (adjustable): 45 dB minimum
- Frequency (nominal): Seal Mode - 440 Hz, Macrobipolar Mode - 520 Hz, Bipolar Mode - 660 Hz
- Duration: Continuous while the generator is activated; changes to one short tone when seal cycle is complete.
- Volume (not adjustable): 65 dB minimum
- Frequency: 985 Hz to 780 Hz; 985 Hz nominal
- Macrobipolar/Bipolar: 473 KHz sinusoid, 100% duty cycle
- Seal: 473 kHz sinusoid, pulsed
The LigaSure Vessel Sealing System includes a generator and a choice of thirteen instruments:
- LigaSure™ V — 5 mm shaft, single use instrument that dissects, grasps, seals, and divides.
- LigaSure Atlas™ — Single use laparoscopic sealer/divider instrument that seals and divides vessels up to and including 7 mm in diameter and tissue bundles.
- LigaSure™ Lap — Single use laparoscopic instrument for laparoscopic procedures.
- LigaSure Atlas™ 20 cm — Single use sealer/divider instrument that offers reliability for dissection, grasping, sealing, and cutting in open procedures.
- LigaSure Impact™ — Works exclusively with the ForceTriad™ energy platform, utilizing the TissueFect™ sensing technology that precisely manages energy delivery for consistent, controlled tissue effects with faster fusion times than the original LigaSure™ generator
- LigaSure Precise™ — Single use instrument specifically designed to provide permanent vessel occlusion to structures that require fine grasping.
- LigaSure™ Std — Reposable instrument for general surgery open procedures.
- LigaSure™ Max — Reposable gynecology instrument for open procedures. The instrument's textured surface provides improved grasping capability for thick tissues.
- LigaSure™ Axs — Reposable instrument that has extra length and an angled jaw to allow better access in deep cavaties.
- LigaSure™ Xtd — Reposable instrument for deep cavity procedures. The longer instrument allows the surgeon to comfortably hold the device outside the surgical site.
- LigaSure™ Generator — The LigaSure™ generator is a computer controlled electrosurgical unit with two distinct outputs. The LigaSure™ vessel sealing receptacle diagnoses the tissue within the jaws of the instrument and delivers the optimal amount of energy necessary to fuse the vessel wall and create a permanent seal. The bipolar receptacle provides both bipolar and macrobipolar outputs.